Any member of the Royal Institute of British Architects may become a member of TAG for an annual membership fee of £50. If two or more members join from the same architectural practice, the membership fee is £40 per member.
Students of British Architectural Schools can join as associate members free of charge.
Benefits of membership of TAG
- Be a part of a community of architects promoting traditional architecture both within the architectural profession and in society at large
- Have your say on traditional architecture issues where it counts
- Play a part in influencing the profession to take account of traditional architecture and to promote it and reform architectural education
- Attend TAG events
- Promote your practice/your work through TAG's website and regular Subscriber Newletters distributed to a large and expanding mailing list
- Feature your work in the website gallery (subject to conditions, see below)
- Have your projects featured as news items on the TAG website
- Have voting rights at the AGM to elect officers and committee members, determine resolutions and influence policy
- Be eligible to be a TAG officer or committee member
- Receive the regular Member Newsletter informing you of TAG developments and member events
- Receive notification of enquiries TAG receives (e.g. for participation in TV programmes)
- A chance to meet traditional architects and those involved in working for traditional architecture
According to its status as a Linked Society of the RIBA, TAG may accept up to 20% non-RIBA members.
TAG also has Associate Membership which can include non practitioners, and membership in this category is discretionary.
To be included in the gallery, members must be involved in the design or making of a work of traditional architecture or architectural element.